JOIN US FOR
Join us this September as we partner with 30+ local churches and over 10,000 volunteers to show unprecedented compassion, unity, and diversity to our city as we magnify the name of Jesus. This year CityServe is a week of serving others, and it’s totally free. T-shirt included! Keep reading for project details and to get registered.
September 20 - 26
King of Kings is covering all costs this year, so CityServe is completely free. Registration is still required and can be completed here.
The registration deadline is Wednesday, September 9 to guarantee your free t-shirt. Registrations for some projects are limited and available on a first come first serve basis.
American Red Cross Blood Drive at King of Kings(FULL) Patty’s Pantry Meal Assembly at King of Kings(FULL) Park Cleanup at Pacific Springs Park(FULL)
- Free Youth Haircuts (4pm-7pm) at King of Kings
- Free Little Library Installations (5pm-7pm)
- Abide (9am-12pm) at Better Together Campus at 3223 N. 45th Street
- Park Cleanup (1pm-4pm) at Norwick Park (5053 Norwick Dr): Cut suckers around trees, weeding, general park litter clean-up
Registration can be completed online. Click here to get started. The registration deadline is Wednesday, September 9 to guarantee t-shirts. Registrations for some projects are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Read on for more details about how to register.
- Register from home:
- Visit this page to register
- Your t-shirts will be left at the information center or next steps tent for you to pick up by the following Sunday, unless otherwise notified.
- Register at King of Kings:
- Registration can be completed in the Next Steps Room or at the red Next Steps Tent on Sundays beginning Sunday, August 30, and ending after worship on Sunday, September 13.
- T-shirts will be available for immediate pick-up (if your size is available).
For the second year in a row, students (grades 7-12) will have the opportunity to serve at Abide together with other students and student leaders on Saturday, September 26 from 9AM to Noon. To join the carpool, please arrive at King of Kings by 8AM. Students will return to King of Kings by 12:30PM.
When registering your students, please be sure to pick the Abide Students project. Families are welcome to serve alongside their students if they would like.
Can I serve from home?
Yes! We have several ways you can serve from home, including:
Hygiene kits: Purchase items for and assemble (FULL)
- Our goal is to donate 300 hygiene kits to schools in the Omaha-Metro. We will provide the bag and a suggested list of items for you to purchase. You can pick up the bags you signed up for at the front receptionist office Monday-Wednesday 9am-5pm. Please return the filled bags to the receptionist office by Thursday, September 24th at 5pm.
- Wondering what goes in a hygiene kit? We’re looking for the following travel-size items:
- Dental floss
- Fold-up toothbrush
- Breath strips
- Mouth wash
- Small first aid kit
- Travel soap or body wash
- Hand sanitizer
- Hair bands
- Feminine Products
We encourage you to purchase unscented products to avoid allergy concerns.You do not need to purchase all of the items on this list, but we would like to encourage you to fill the travel size bag.
Write Cards (FULL)
- There are many people in nursing homes that have been isolated for the past several months. We would like to partner with you to bring a smile to their face. We will provide the cards for everyone. For children and families, we will also provide some crafting materials. You can pick up the cards at the front receptionist office Monday-Wednesday 9am-5pm. Please return the completed cards to the receptionist office by Thursday, September 24th at 5pm.
Collect Books for our Book Drive
- We are looking for a wide range of new or gently used books from Children’s to Mystery to Non-Fiction, and everything else in between. You can drop off your donations between the north office doors Monday, September 21st-Thursday, September 25th from 8am-6pm.
Where do I pick up my t-shirt?
You can pick up your t-shirt at the front receptionist office Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm or at our in-person services on Sundays at 8am (Classic Grace) and 9am (Modern Outdoor) after September 4.
If I serve from home, will I get a t-shirt?
Of course you do! You can pick it up at the front receptionist office Monday-Thursday 9am-5pm or at our in-person services on Sundays at 8am (Classic Grace) and 9am (Modern Outdoor.)