A mission trip is planned for Cambodia from May 27 to June 6! We will join with other churches in Omaha to assemble a high challenge team of 14 followers of Jesus between the ages of 18 and 25. We will sponsor “Fun and Friendship Camps” to help our Christian Schools reach out to their village. Email Pastor Roger for more information.
Hand of Hope Omaha: Lake Charles
Plans for our trips to Lake Charles have been completed! All we need is YOU!
We will be traveling to Lake Charles, Louisiana to assist homeowners following the 2020 Hurricanes Delta and Laura that hit their community. For over a year now, residents have not received assistance to rebuild. It’s only because of people like you that some will be able to move back home.
You do NOT need to have construction skills to participate, we teach as we work. If you can operate a push broom, we can use your help. Many times, people just appreciate having someone who can listen to their story, let them know that people care and that there is hope.
Our volunteers will be staying in two Fuller Center Disaster Rebuilders facilities. They will take care of our housing, meals and case management.
There are two opportunities to join us:
- Saturday, 2/26 – Saturday, 3/5 (Primarily Omaha area volunteers)
- Saturday, 3/5 – Saturday, 3/12 (Primarily Morningside University & Sioux City volunteers)
We will travel in a caravan. Lodging to and from has been reserved in Conway, AR. Drivers selected will receive a reduced rate and fuel expenses. Let us know if you would like to be a driver.
Due to available space, both trips are limited to 15 participants, so please let us know as soon as possible if you will be going. DEADLINE TO SIGN UP is January 29!
- Tools & Coordination: Fuller Center-Disaster Rebuilders will provide tools and direct work.
- Meals: Except Wednesday evening, all are included. Volunteers may be asked to assist part time with meal preparation, etc. Put your hand up if cooking is your gift!
- Down time: Wednesday dinner opportunity to try the local restaurants.
- Lodging: In converted church rooms and Orphan Grain Train bunk houses.
- Bedding: Bring your own sleeping bag or bedding (with pillow) for your bed.
- Showers: Several private showers are available, BUT BRING YOUR TOWELS!
- Cost: Only $275 as Hand of Hope will pay your $100 Room/Board Registration fee to Fuller.
- Safety: While a Covid vaccination is not required, we would recommend it for the safety of those you work with and for. Always practice Covid-safe procedures.
Email email@example.com if you are a GO for the trip so we can get the paperwork completed.
We will be having an Informational Meeting at 7PM on Monday, January 10 at King of Kings Church in Omaha. If you have any questions, before then you may contact me anytime by email, text or phone.
DEADLINE to have paperwork/payment in:
Friday, January 29, 2022
UPDATE AS 1/24: ONLY 3 SPOTS REMAINING