The Lens of Love
Break the Ice
What do you consider to be your greatest area of growth in the past year?
Key Passage: 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
“Just as one body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body – whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free – and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many.”
Have 2-3 members share takeaways from their GO last week.
- What, in your mind, does it means to be a part of the body of Christ?
- Do you struggle with the idea that you could belong to a body larger than yourself? Why or why not?
- As a whole, modern culture emphasizes individualism. What are some things you can do (or do now) that keep your mindset as that of a larger body in the church, not an individual entity?
- 1 Corinthians 12:13 mentions Jews and Gentiles as part of the same body. Is it difficult to think of people that are different than us, even though in other denominations, as part of the same body? How can we break down those walls of division?
- How do you feel about laying down personal freedoms and/or opinions for the overall health of the church?
- One of the divisive topics in the early Corinthian church was the ability to speak in tongues, which is a gift from God. Do you see any good things that cause rifts in the church today?
- How does serving fit into the idea of the church as a collective body?
- If you aren’t serving others in a regular capacity, either at King of Kings or in the community, how can you get involved? If you need ideas, visit kingofkings.org/serve.
- If you are involved serving, how can you bring others alongside you and grow your service team/ministry?
Close in Prayer