The Quest For Life at it’s Best
Break the Ice
What is the happiest hour of your life? Who were you with? What did you do? What made it so special?
Key Passage: Psalm 37:4
“Take delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Have 2-3 members share takeaways from their GO last week.
- Do you think God wants you to be happy? Why or why not?
- What’s the difference between joy and happiness? If one preferable over the other?
- Do you ever feel guilt for being happy? Why or why not?
- Pastor and theologian John Piper said, “You can’t stop wanting to be happy. God wired you to be happy. That’s not a sinful thing – that’s a good thing.” Do you agree with that comment?
- When you search for happiness, where do you try to find it?
- Consider your answer to the previous question: if you didn’t respond that you search for happiness in God, why not?
- Is it possible to truly be happy given all the sin and brokenness that exists in the world? Why or why not?
- Would you categorize happiness more as an emotion or a mindset?
- What’s something you can do this week that makes you happy?
- What can you do this week to help make someone else happy?
Close in Prayer