The Quest For Life at it’s Best
Break the Ice
Do you ever read the end of a novel before starting it or read the synopsis of a movie prior to watching it? Why or why not?
Key Passage: Joshua 6:1-5; 20
“Now the gates of Jericho were securely barred because of the Israelites. No one went out and no one came in. Then the Lord said to Joshua, ‘See, I have delivered Jericho into you hands, along with its king and its fighting men. March around the city once with all the armed men. Do this for six days. Have seven priests carry trumpets of rams’ horns in front of the ark. On the seventh day, march around the city seven times, with the priests blowing the trumpets. When you hear them sound a long blast on the trumpets, have the whole army give a shot; then the wall of the city will collapse and the army will go up, everyone straight in’… When the trumpets sounded, the army shouted, and at the sound of the trumpet, when the men gave a loud shout, the wall collapsed; everyone charged right in and they took the city.”
Have 2-3 members share takeaways from their GO last week.
- Do you genuinely trust that God is true, that His promises are real, and that He offers the full and abundant life? Why or why not?
- God’s battle plan for the Israelites was no doubt very different from what they envisioned. When have you had a distinct plan for your life (or a season of life) that God had other plans for?
- How did you respond to God’s change of plans/new direction?
- What is it like to listen to God, think you’re acting on His will, and not see progress in the short term?
- What is a vision, dream, or plan that you know God put in you but, for some reason, you’ve gone in a different direction?
- During what period of life have you put the most trust in God?
- Read John 10:10. In what ways have you allowed the enemy to steal, kill, or destroy the best life that God has for you?
- What big move is God calling you to take, and what can you do this week to take steps in that direction?
- How can you help friends/family members take steps forward towards God’s calling for them?
Close in Prayer