The Quest For Life at it’s Best
Break the Ice
What’s the scariest movie you’ve ever seen, and would you ever watch it again?
Key Passage: Joshua 3:14-17
“So when the people broke camp to cross the Jordan, the priests carrying the ark of the covenant went ahead of them. Now the Jordan is at flood stage all during harvest. Yet as soon as the priests who carried the ark reached the Jordan and their feet touched the water’s edge, the water from upstream stopped flowing. It piled up in a heap a great distance away, at a town called Adam in the vicinity of Zarethan, while the water flowing down to the Sea of the Arabah (that is, the Dead Sea) was completely cut off. So the people crossed over opposite Jericho. The priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the Lord stopped in the middle of the Jordan and stood on dry ground, while all Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground.”
Have 2-3 members share takeaways from their GO last week.
- What are some of the biggest “Jordan Rivers” in your life, the things that you feel are keeping you from living an abundant life? In other words, what are the major obstacles stopping you from reaching your life’s full potential? What is it about these obstacles that hold you back?
- In what ways have you “gotten your feet wet” – that is, taken action and stepped outside your comfort zone – as a follower of Christ?
- When is a time when your beliefs were put to the test? How did you respond?
- In Joshua 3:5, Joshua tells the Israelites, “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the Lord will do amazing things among you.” What have you done to prepare you heart to experience God’s love, mercy, and life-changing power?
- What’s the root of your fear?
- Is it tough for you to take bold steps out into the water? Why or why not?
- Has a fear of failure ever stopped you from doing something you felt you should do? If you feel comfortable, please share your story.
- What’s one step you can take this week to “get your feet wet”, to step outside your comfort zone and overcome your fear?
- How can you remind yourself daily of God’s love and divinity, allowing yourself to overcome your fears?.
Close in Prayer