The Quest For Life at it’s Best
Break the Ice
What’s your favorite “quest” movie? (ex: Lord of the Rings; Finding Nemo; Star Wars)
Key Passage: Joshua 1:6-9
“Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Have 2-3 members share takeaways from their GO last week.
- In your mind, what does “living your best life” look like?
- What do you think is holding you back from making that possibility your reality?
- Have you ever had something (experience, accomplishment, job, etc.) that you worked hard for and looked forward to for a long time, but it didn’t live up to the expectation? If so, what was it? Why did the experience fall short of your expectations?
- Do you believe that God is inviting you to step into something that’s bigger than yourself? Why or why not?
- A study by Barna group reported that only 20% of people have a sense of what God wants them to do with their life. Do you consider yourself in the confident 20% or the unsure 80%? Why?
- God’s invitation requires strength and courage. Would you consider your life to be dangerous, or safe and easy? Why?
- What changes could you make in your life to be more courageous for God, to ensure that you rely on Him?
- What are you doing each day to actively invite God into your life?
- What is one thing you’ll do this week to challenge yourself and push yourself outside your “comfort zone” to become closer to God?
- Perform a “time inventory” to better understand how you’re investing your time. Visit kingofkings.org/quest to find our Time Inventory worksheet.
Close in Prayer