Scripture to Read
2 Corinthians 1:3-6
1 John 2:15-17
What’s the one comfort in your life you’d least like to give up?
- What does it mean to be “comfortable”?
- Why, as humans, do you think we constantly strive for comfortability
- “Comfort is the No. 1 threat facing the growth of the church and our individual spiritual maturation.” What do you think of that statement? Do you agree or disagree?
- Do you find yourself more in tune with the Holy Spirit when your comfortable or uncomfortable? Why do you think that is?
- In 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, the Bible tells us God “comforts us in all our troubles.” What’s the difference between being comforted and comfortable?
- Read Exodus 16:1-20. God is assuredly capable of creating bread that lasts for more than a day, so why do you think the manna grew moldy when the Israelites tried to save it?
- Is it possible to be comfortable and courageous at the same time? Why or why not?
- Martin Luther once said, “A religion that gives nothing, costs nothing, and suffers nothing, is worth nothing.” What does that quote mean to you?
Close in Prayer