Scripture to Read
2 Corinthians 9:7
What’s the most stunning act of giving you’ve seen, either in your personal life or a national scale?
- Acts 20:35 says it is more blessed to give than to receive. Have you experienced this in your life? How? Or if not, why not?
- In Mark 12:41-44, the woman gave only two coins, far less than the other people. Why do you think Jesus pointed her out to the disciples?
- What would it look like in your life to give sacrificially as this woman did?
- 2 Corinthians 9:7 calls us “not reluctantly or under compulsion.” Do you consider yourself a cheerful giver or someone who gives out of obligation? Why?
- What does it look like to give cheerfully?
- Read Matthew 6:1-4. What’s the significance of what Jesus is saying here?
- How can you practice giving in the manner that this passage suggests?
Close in Prayer