Scripture to Read
1 Corinthians 13:1-3
What’s one act of love you were blessed with or blessed someone else with during this past week?
- Read John 13:2-5. What compelled Jesus to wash the feet of the disciples?
- John 13:1 says Jesus “loved them to the end.” What was the difference between Jesus telling the disciples of His love for them and showing them His love?
- Does service without love have any meaning? Why or why not?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-3. How does that passage affect your answer to the previous question?
- What’s the No. 1 thing that keeps you from serving? How can you overcome that obstacle?
- In Acts 20:19, Paul says he served the Lord “with great humility and with tears.” What does serving like this look like in your life?
- Read 2 Corinthians 9:12-13. How do acts of service go beyond what’s accomplished here on earth?
- How can you serve someone in a completely new way this week? Who in your life needs to see Jesus through your service?
Listen to the song The Proof of Your Love by for KING & COUNTRY. Carefully pay attention to the lyrics. What stands out most to you? Why?
Close in Prayer
Divide your group into mini-groups of three. In addition to your normal prayers, ask for God to use City Serve this week to bless people and create more disciples.