Scripture to Read
What do you follow most closely? This could be a sports team, a celebrity, a current trend, a news subject… what do you find yourself spending more time paying attention to and continually seeking updates on?
- Jesus repeatedly calls us to follow Him. Is something holding you back from truly going all in and following Jesus’ love? If so, what is it?
- What are ways in which you can respond to Jesus’ call to follow Him?
- How does Matthew 10:32-33 affect your response to Jesus’ invitation to follow Him? How do those verses affect how you view your current spiritual status?
- Do you feel worthy of Jesus’ love? Why or why not?
- In Matthew 9:13, Jesus said, “I desire mercy, not sacrifice,” referring back to Hosea 6:6. What does this statement mean to you?
- Read Matthew 9:37. Who are the workers, and what is the harvest? What point do you think Jesus is making in this verse?
- All it took for Matthew to leave his entire life – his job, friends, family, home, etc. – were two words from Jesus: “Follow me.” Put yourself in Matthew’s shoes. Why do you think he felt compelled to make such a life-changing move?
- Matthew chooses to refer to Himself in the third person throughout the book he wrote. Why do you think he chose to do this? How does it affect how you read the book?
Close in Prayer