Scripture to Read
What’s one critical component of your backstory that influences who you are today?
- In Matthew 6:10, what does the phrase “your kingdom come” mean to you?
- Read Luke 17:20-21. How would you explain this verse to someone reading it for the first time?
- In what ways in the kingdom of Heaven more of a divine action than a place or a people?
- Read Matthew 24:35. How does that verse affect your answer to the previous question?
- Why do you think so many of Jesus’ parables (i.e. Matthew 13:24; 13:31; 18:23) begin with the phrase, “The kingdom of Heaven is like…”?
- In Matthew 3:1-3, John the Baptist says the kingdom of Heaven is at hand. What was he talking about here? What do you think his audience thought?
- Is the kingdom of Heaven here now? Why or why not?
- How does describing Jesus as a king change your view of Him?
- In what ways can you display the kingdom of Heaven to someone this week?
Close in Prayer