Scripture to Read
2 Samuel 7:11-13
What’s one critical component of your backstory that influences who you are today?
- Why do you think Matthew chose to lead his book with Jesus’ genealogy?
- How does an understanding of history and genealogy help establish the significance of Jesus’ arrival?
- How do you relate to Matthew’s position in life prior to being called by Jesus?
- 400 years passed between the end of the Malachi (the last book in the Old Testament) until the beginning of Matthew. After such a long layoff, why do you think God chose Matthew to pick up the story once again?
- For people who aren’t of Jewish descent, what is the point of Matthew telling the story of Jesus as a climax to the history of Israel?
- In what ways is Jesus different from any other king?
- Why do you think God chose four people (instead of just one) to tell the events of Jesus’ life?
Close in Prayer