Week 7: How Can I Know God Personally?
Scripture to Read
Who is someone you’d really like to get to know personally? This could be anyone from an acquaintance or a coworker to a celebrity or athlete. What makes you want to get to know them?
- What do you think it means to know God personally?
- Do you believe you have a personal relationship with God? Why or why not?
- What did you think of Mike’s comparison of marriage/deep friendship and our relationship with God? What impact does that analogy have on your view of your relationship with God?
- What part does the Holy Spirit play in helping us know God personally?
- Read Acts 17:26-28. What does it mean to “live and move and have our being” in God?
- Read Matthew 7:21-23 and Matthew 7:24-25. How’s the main difference in tone between these two passages?
- In Hebrews 2, Paul says that we are in the same family as God. What does it mean to be in God’s family as brothers and sisters?
- What practical steps can we take to get to know God more personally?
Close in Prayer