Week 3: Are science and faith incompatible?
- Do you feel equipped to talk about faith?
- Do you feel equipped to talk about science?
- Do you feel science and religion can be compatible? If so, how? If not, why not?
- What is the purpose of science?
• Psalm 19:1
- In your opinion, do human beings have morality? What separates humans from animals and other natural creation?
• Read Psalm 119:30; Romans 2:15; Jeremiah 31:33
- What is the strongest argument for the existence of God?
- What do you believe about the age of the earth and evolution? Do you think there is room for differing opinions?
- How can we as Christians meaningfully and respectfully present our beliefs to nonbelievers who only want to rely on science?
- Why do you believe leaps of faith – “theories” – are accepted as science, while miraculous acts in the Bible aren’t treated with the same respect by the general public?
• Ex: Big Bang vs. creation
- What happens when we try to attain the same knowledge as God?
• Ecclesiastes 1:16-18, 2:16, 12:12
Close with Prayer