Week 2: Is the Bible reliable?
- What did you believe about the Bible growing up?
- What is the purpose of the Bible? Read 2 Timothy 3:15-17 and John 5:39-40 and discuss.
- In your opinion, how does society view the Bible today?
- We are called to give an answer for our faith at all times. Read 1 Peter 3:15 and discuss a time when you shared your faith with someone.
- Do you believe that the Bible is trustworthy? Why or why not?
- Does the entire Bible apply to us today? Are there sections of the Bible that are not relevant, or less relevant, in today’s society?
- The Bible carries power, authority, and support for our daily lives. Read Psalm 19:1-4, 7-8, Romans 15:4 and Hebrews 4:12. What do these scriptures reveal about God’s Word in our daily life?
- What is your current rhythm with reading Scripture? Or share methods you have used in the past that have worked for you.
- Have each person pick a section of Psalm 119 and read it out lout to the group. How does this resonate with you?
Close in prayer as a group.