Week 1: What’s your purpose?
- What do you hope is written on your gravestone or spoken about you at your funeral?
- How would you describe your identity and has that changed over time?
- How can you find identity in eternal things and not temporary things (job, spouse, status, kids, stage of life, etc.)?
Getting into the Word:
Read Deuteronomy 6:5
- What does it mean to love God with all your heart, soul, and strength?
- How does this verse inform our purpose, as people of God, and how is this lived out?
Read Deuteronomy 6:7-9
- How do these verses inform the role of a parent?
- Choose one to answer—how did your parents influence your faith or how have you influenced your child’s faith?
- What would intentional steps be that a parent could take to talk about the word & will of God with their children?
- What value does the word of God have on your identity? How can you return to that on a consistent basis?
- How can you receive your identity as a child of God and live out your life loving God & others?
Re-Read Deuteronomy 6:7-9 focusing on tying the word on your wrists and your forehead and your door post and gateway
- Why do you think God encourages us to put the word in these prominent places?
- Imagine if you seized every moment of every day as an opportunity to “Love God and Love your neighbor as yourself”; how would that impact you and your purpose?
Close with prayer, and see your purpose today to love God and love others.