Week 5: Am I Willing to Follow Jesus as my Lord?
Read Introduction and Chapter 5 of Reopening Christianity or watch Pastor Zach’s message at kingofkings.org/messages/online.
Describe a great opportunity you’ve had in this world and why it was so special for you.
- 1 Kings 19:19-21
- 2 Kings 13:20-21
- Zach said this may be the most challenging of all five questions. Agree or disagree, and explain.
- What do you most love about having Jesus as your God?
- Zach said the main problem with American Christianity is this: “Christians in America are content with God being their Savior but uncomfortable with Him being their Lord.” Agree or disagree, and explain.
- In the King James Version, the most widely used translation of the Bible in America, theword Savior appears 37 times. The word Lord appears more than 7000 times. What can we learn from this statistic?
- Is it possible to fulfill the American Dream and truly follow Jesus? Explain.
- Read Matthew 4:18-22. Why would Peter, Andrew, James, and John immediately followJesus? Do you believe the invitation to follow Jesus is for you? Explain.
- Is there anything holding you back from “burning the plows” and truly following Jesus?
- Zach said: “Following Jesus is not a burden but the single greatest opportunity of ourlifetimes.” Agree or disagree, and explain.
- Are you willing to follow Jesus as your Lord?
Dear God, I’m sorry for the times I’ve failed to love You fully. Please help me as I move forward to not just believe in You as my Savior, but to truly follow You as my Lord. You are worth whatever cost may come in this world, and I will faithfully follow You all the days of my life. Amen.