Week 1: Am I moving forward or backward?
Read Introduction and Chapter 1 of Reopening Christianity or watch Pastor Zach’s message at kingofkings.org/messages/online.
If you could go back in time period which day would you choose? Why?
- Exodus 6:1-8
- Exodus 16:1-18
- Exodus 19:3-6
- Would you describe yourself as a Christian? Explain.
- What memories or experiences fill you with nostalgia?
- Do you tend to think of the past, present, or future more? Explain.
- When you reflect on your life, do you feel God has been faithful to you? Explain.
- Like the Israelites, a flawed view of the past can lead us to mistrust God’s promises of the future. Is there a particular promise of God that you have a hard time believing? Explain.
- Alongside of obstacles come opportunities. Is there a great opportunity for you personally to make a change when it comes to your faith or relationship with God? Explain.
- What is one thing about your past that you can repurpose and bring forward?
- Read Exodus 32-33:17. Even though the Israelites sinned against God, He gave them a second chance. God always gives second chances when we call out to Him. Agree or disagree, and explain.
- What are you most looking forward to in this present life or eternity?
- Are you moving forward or going backward?
Dear God, in the past I have missed Your miracles and provision in my life. I am sorry that I have not always represented You well in my present. As I look back and see Your faithfulness, help me to move forward confidently and boldly into the future with You as my Guide. Amen.