Week 6: Gospel Fruit
- Did you grow up in the country, city, suburbs or someplace else? What did you like the most about where you grew up? What do you think you missed out on, not growing up in a different setting?
Questions for Discussion:
Read Galatians 6:1-5
- Paul says in verse 1 that “if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness.” What do you think this means? What would restoring someone gently look like?
- In verse 2 Paul says “bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” Can you think of examples of how we can bear one another’s burdens? What do you think Paul means by “so fulfill the law of Christ?” (See Matthew 22:34-40)
- In verse 5 Paul says: “For each will have to bear his own load.” In light of him saying earlier that we should “bear one another’s burdens” what do you suppose Paul is getting at here? Do verses 3-4 help with this?
Read Galatians 6:6-10
- In verse 7 Paul writes: “for whatever one sows that will he also reap.” Give a specific example of where you see the sowing/reaping metaphor applicable in your life?
- What do you suppose Paul is thinking when he says in verse 8, “For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life?” Can you think of any examples on each side of this ledger?
- Paul encourages us to “not grow weary of doing good.” Do you find any weariness in your life these days? If so, how would you describe what is making you weary? What helps you fight against such weariness and not give up?
- Who are people in your life that do not give up? Why do they come to mind?
- Paul encourages us to make the most of our opportunities in verse 10. Pastor Mark said that he appreciated that the words “that we have opportunities” is in the present tense and not the past. What does this mean to you?
- What can you do this week to make the most of an opportunity to do good?
- How can you do something good for someone this week, especially in the household of faith?
Close in prayer.
Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal someone to you in the household of faith that you can bless.