Week 1: Gospel Rescue
- Can you recall a time in your childhood when you were lost? How did that situation get resolved? Did someone rescue you?
- Have you ever rescued someone? If so, share the details with your group.
Read Galatians 1:1-5
- Paul says in verse 1 that he was “sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father.” What do you think he means?
- Paul begins many of his letters with the greeting “Grace and Peace to you.” How would you describe such a greeting? What does it mean to you?
- What do you think Paul means in verse 4 when he says that Jesus has rescued us from “the present evil age? How do you think this applies today?
Read Galatians 1:6-10
- Paul mentions how people in the Galatian church were causing confusion and manipulating the gospel of Christ. Do you think this is still a problem today? What is the most confusing thing to you about the Christian faith? What is the one thing you are crystal clear about the Christian faith?
- Paul talks about the “approval of men.” What does this mean for you in your life? If you have experienced this, what is one change you can make to seek the approval of God instead?
- Paul describes himself as a “servant of Christ.” Would you describe yourself in the same way? If so, what does this mean for you practically?
Read Galatians 1:11-24
- Paul tells his story, his testimony, in these verses. How would you describe Paul’s former life and the life he was experiencing when he was writing this letter?
- Think about your story of faith for a moment. Where would you say you are in your spiritual journey? Just starting, In the middle, or far along? If you feel comfortable, share with your group.
- Do you know someone who was once hostile to the Gospel but is now a follower of Jesus? Is there anyone you know now who is far from Jesus? What might you do to help this person open up to the Gospel?
- What do you believe God might be calling you to do as a result of reading Galatians Chapter 1?
Close Your Time In Prayer