Week 1: Love
When you think of the word leverage what comes to mind?
When you think of the word love what comes to mind?
When you think of leveraging love what comes to mind?
1. Read Luke 10:25-37
- What word pops out to you in verse 25?
- What do you think is behind the heart of the “expert in the law” in this question?
- How would you answer someone who asks “who is my neighbor?”
2. Re-read versus 30-35
- What stands out to you in those verses?
- How would you describe the Samaritan?
- Can you think of a time in your life where you should have acted like the Samaritan, but didn’t? If the same situation presented itself again, how would you respond differently?
3. Re-read verse 37
- What stands out to you?
- Why do you think the “expert in the law” didn’t identify him as the Samaritan?
- Recall the heart of the expert in the law in verse 25.
4. Take a couple of minutes to answer the following questions to assess how you are leveraging love for greater Kingdom impact.
- What topics move your heart to great compassion?
- What is one step you can take to leverage this love to make a difference?