Be the Message – 1: “You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; andthese are they which testify of Me.But you are not willing to come to Me, that you may have life.”
Theme: Your Words into a Life
- How do you respond to what Pastor Greg stated: “Everyone wants to know Jesus; they just don’t know it yet?”
- Describe what it was like for you to come to know Jesus for yourself.
- What is one thing that stood out to you from the sermon?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Isaiah 43:18-19.
- What does Isaiah say you should do about the things in your past (verse 18)?
- Why did Isaiah talk about miracles God would do for the people (verse 19)?
- What is it about your personal story of faith that makes it so powerful?
- How might your past be used as a movement toward God for someone else?
Read 1 John 2:3-6.
- How does John say we can know we know the LORD (verses 3-4)?
- What does John say has happened in you (verse 5)?
- What is the principle John states here for you to live by (verse 6)?
- Where do you see your life being a blessing to someone else?
Read 2 Corinthians 3:1-3.
- What does Paul say about the effect of his ministry among the Corinthians (verse 1)?
- How do you think they would have shown that they were living letters (verses 2-3)?
- Where is God calling you to start to connect with someone this week?
- How are you going to live out your faith more actively this week?
- What can you do to let this challenge become a more significant part of your life?
Prayer:Heavenly Father, open the eyes of our hearts to the reality of our life in Christ so that our lives become living letters of hope and transformation to those around us.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
+ + +
Pastor Greg stated, “When the gospel becomes philosophical and theological positions, we end up doing church, rather than being the church. “
“There is a disconnect in our lives when we say one thing, but fail to live it out.”
How do you respond to these statements?
- Read Philippians 2:1-2 – “Be Like-minded”
Why do you think Paul begins with such a strong admonition?
- Read Philippians 2:3 – “Esteem Others Better than Yourselves”
How do you think having this mindset would change the way you live your life?
- Read Philippians 2:4 – “Look Out For Others’ Interests”
What would be required for you to truly do this on an everyday basis?
- Read Philippians 2:5-7 – “Have the Mind of Christ”
What do you think having the mind of Christ might mean in your life?
- Read Philippians 2:12-13 – “Work Out what God has Worked in”
What do you find most difficult as you wait for God to fulfill His promises in you?
Share how you are going to start applying one of the above principles in your life?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, may we begin to be Your hands and feet and voice to a hurting world who so desperately need to know and experience the transforming love of Christ.