Passing the Torch: “Now Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom, for Moses had laid his hands on him; so the children of Israel heeded him and did as the Lord had commanded Moses.”
Theme: Immer Fort – A New Beginning
Warm-Up Questions: Choose from one of the following questions.
- How do you respond to what Pastor Mark stated: “I am excited about what is going to happen here at King of Kings?”
- What is one thing you are looking forward to at King of Kings in the coming years?
- Describe an exciting new beginning you have experienced in your life.
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read. Romans 15:4-5. Heavenly Hope
- What does Paul say about the value of the word of God in the Old Testament (verse 4)?
- Why would Paul feel it was so important for the believers to be “like-minded” (verse 5)?
Read Romans 5:4-5. Outstanding Opportunities
- Because Christ has raised us, how are we to walk? (verse 4)?
- Why can we be confident that there will be opportunities for us (verse 5)?
Read 2 Peter 1:3-4a. Powerful Promises
- What does Peter say we have going for us as we face the uncertain future (verse 3)?
- Why is it so important that we understand the power of God’s promises (verse 4a)?
Read Romans 15:13. Eternal Enablement
- How is a person made to abound with peace and joy when facing the future?
- Why would Paul refer to “the God of hope” when describing Almighty God?
- How are you going to begin embracing your future at King of Kings this week?
- What can you do to let this new beginning become a bigger part of your life?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, show us the part of what is going to happen here at King of Kings that you want each of us to play as we move confidently into the future.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
+ + +
Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”
How would you state what the writer might mean for us at King of Kings in the days ahead?
A five-Point Plan for facing the future with the LORD:
- Read Psalm 37:3– “Trust in the Lord, and do good.”
Why do you think the Psalmist begins with this admonition?
- Read Psalm 37:4– “Delight yourself also in the Lord.”
Can you make this a hallmark of your life in the coming year?
- Read Psalm 37:5– “Commit your way to the Lord.”
What would be required for you to commit the future to the LORD fully?
- Read Psalm 37:7– “Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.”
Do you think resting in the LORD is so essential if you are to be blessed?
- Read Psalm 37:34 – “Wait on the Lord, and keep His way.”
Do you find most difficult as you wait for the LORD to fulfill His promises to you?
What is one thing your family will do in the coming year to be more a part of life at King of Kings?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, may we be encouraged to face our future under Pastor Greg’s leading by all that has happened in the years that You have guided us under Pastor Mark.