It’s Complicated – 2: “Likewise, was not Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way? As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead.”
Theme: It’s Complicated – Buried in our past we see the promise of His future – Rahab
- How do you respond to what Pastor Greg stated: “The past is critical to the ministry and love of God. Your past does not negate you from His future, for your future is filled with the promise of His Hope.”
- Describe a somewhat negative incident from your past that God used to shape you.
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Matthew 1:5. Jesus’ Genealogy – Improbable Inclusion
- What is the purpose of a genealogy when describing an important person?
- Why would Matthew include Rahab in his genealogy of Jesus the King (verse 5)?
- What was the major takeaway from Pastor Greg’s sermon on Rahab for you?
Read Joshua 1:1-4, 10-11. Joshua and Jericho – Historical Situation
- Where were the Israelites and what were they about to do at this time (verses 1-4)?
- Why do you suppose Joshua told the people to wait where they were (verses 10-11)?
Read Joshua 2:1-18. Rahab and the Spies – Ultimate Expression
- What did Rahab do that showed her faith in God of the Hebrews (verses 3-7)?
- What did Rahab say that showed her faith in God of the Hebrews (verses 8-13)?
- What did Rahab do that showed her trust in the spies (verses 14-16)?
- How are you going to remember your past as you prepare for Christmas this week?
- How can you let this remembrance make Advent a bigger part of your life?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, show us in this Advent season that in Christ Jesus You are able to redeem our questionable past and use it to shape our future.