White Space – 3: “For you were bought at a price; therefore, glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.”
Theme: Setting Priorities – Optimum Use of White Space
- Mike White stated: “Small investments of time and effort yield great results.” What is your reaction to that statement?
- Growing up, what classes did you take or what sports did you play?
Observation and Interpretation Questions:
Read Philippians 4:4-8
- Why does Paul begin as he does with such a strong affirmation (verse 4)?
- How does the process that Paul describes here actually work (verses 6-7)?
- Which of the things Paul mentions stands out to you (verse 8)?
- How does the way you set your mind affect how you determine your priorities?
Read Colossians 3:1-5
- What was the basis for the action the Colossians were to take (verse 1)?
- Why is it so important that you be intentional about setting priorities?
- How are you going to reevaluate how you set your priorities this week?
- What can you do to begin to use your priorities to affect the white space of your life?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, please help us to see how what we set our minds on fills the white space of our lives and directly determines what we think about and how we act.
Talk and Pray with one another about how you can Join Jesus on His mission in your own lives this week, using the questions on the back, and pray for one another about any personal concerns or praises you have.
+ + +
Mike White said, “There is a difference between resume’ values and eulogy values.”
What do you think he means?
Read Matthew 11: 28-30. Jesus’ Gracious Invitation
Why do you think Jesus uses the image of a yoke of oxen as He does here (verse 29)?
How might you find rest if you were in a yoke with Jesus (verse 30)?
Read Romans 8: 5-8. Paul’s Helpful Reminder
What do you think he means when Paul says there are two different mind sets (verse 5)?
Why does Paul say that the mind set on the flesh is death (verses 6-8)?
Tell about a particular eulogy you heard at a funeral that you recall as significant?
Prayer: Heavenly Father, guide us to so orient our minds and hearts that we are intentional about the choices we make in using the white space of our lives to advantage.